TIRN provides opportunities for scientists to collaborate by learning and building on their collective strengths, expanding their knowledge of cutting-edge techniques, and growing their professional networks.
To act out the TIRN mission statement in pursuit of the vision for the program, the following specific goals have been identified:
- Dramatically increase the amount of funding available to support the best basic, clinical and translational research in transplantation and immunology
- Seek out and facilitate innovative research opportunities
- Nurture and develop tomorrow's transplant leaders through dynamic relationships with industry and academic institutions
- Identify and support critical research priorities
- Create innovative ways to train investigators in the latest technologies for scientific research
- Adhere to and further the American Society of Transplantation's (AST) research goal as outlined in the AST strategic plan, which is to double long-term graft survival and optimize patient quality of life.