The American Society of Transplantation (AST) Transplantation and Immunology Research Network (TIRN)℠ provides opportunities for clinical, basic and translational scientists and physicians to collaborate by learning and building on their collective strengths, expanding their knowledge of cutting-edge techniques, and growing their professional networks.
TIRN provides the following services to basic, clinical, and translational investigators:
- Grant funding in response to the Request for Applications process
- Investigator-initiated grants rewarding innovative ideas outside of the RFA process
- Support for fellows, junior faculty, and established investigators
- Short-term visiting externship or sabbatical opportunities
- Consortium development
- Discussion/networking groups in targeted research areas